Monday, October 1, 2012

Cash Makes More Cents

This post is short and sweet.  

Do you like to save money?  So do I.  That's why I do not use my debit card and I do not own credit cards, either.  I pay with cash!  Good old cold hard cash! 

Did you know that when shopping with a credit card you are likely to spend 12 to 18% MORE than if you were using cash.  . This is an important fact to remember when you are shopping.

With both debit cards and credit cards it's very easy to lose track of how much you spend, a coffee here, a magazine there; by the end of the day, the week or the month you have no idea how much you have spent.  If you are looking in your wallet - you see how much you have left - it's right there in front of you.

By shopping with cash you have better control of your money.  You are much less likely to overspend.  You can put aside a certain amount of money each week and easily stay on budget. The other thing that happens when you use cash instead of debit cards or credit cards if that you start noticing how much you are spending.  Instead of just blindly swiping a card at the checkout and not even paying attention to the amount, you notice the cost of things when you are dishing out the bills and receiving exact change.

Try it - you'll see what I mean!  And don't forget to save your change - it adds up fast - in a month I squirrel away a cup of change.  (pays for my gas)

Sources:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/08/pay-in-cash.asp





No comments:

Post a Comment